Corona Virus Advice - Hanoi
Following the Global Health Crisis of the 2019-nCov Corona Virus, it is recommended that everyone takes hygiene and safe food practices into consideration.
The World Health Organisation (WHO)’s standard recommendations for the general public to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses are as follows, which include hand and respiratory hygiene, and safe food practices:
1. Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water;
2. When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands;
3. Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough;
4. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider;
5. When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases the novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals;
6. The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.
Corona Virus Vietnam (https://www.facebook.com/ncovvn) is also a great page for English information from various news outlets related to the Corna Virus in Vietnam.
Stay safe, make sure you clean your hands, wear a mask and seek medical advice if you have any of the symptoms.